In the spirit of Thanksgiving, this event benefits The Midnight Mission – an amazing organization that offers a path to self-sufficiency to those experiencing homelessness.
Instead of running off a meal, run to provide a meal to the thousands who are hungry. With the support of the UAE and our incredible community, we can make a difference in the lives of our homeless neighbors.
Click here to donate or create a fundraising team.
Sign in here to view and personalize your fundraising page.
The Midnight Mission offers a way to self-sufficiency for individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles. Their emergency services and 12-step recovery, family living, job training, education, and workforce development programs offer a compassionate bridge to achieve and maintain healthy, productive lives. They help remove obstacles and provide the accountability and structure that people experiencing homelessness need to rejoin their communities.
COVID-19 & THOSE EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS. HELP TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY
- To date, 7,996 people experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles County have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Of those, 218 have passed away as a direct result of the disease.
- Those experiencing homelessness are much more susceptible to chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and lung problems – factors that are associated with negative outcomes in COVID-19.
- In LA County there are 1,138 service providers administering vaccinations to those experiencing homelessness.
- To date, 25,091 people experiencing homelessness are fully vaccinated!
For more information, please contact [email protected].
This is the day… to run for a cause that:
- Offers the 12-step philosophy approach to recovery.
- Serves homeless people with empathy and respect without sermonizing.
- Provides services as an independent human service organization.
For more information, please go to WWW.MIDNIGHTMISSION.ORG.