How do I register for the virtual Turkey Trot LA 2020?
Registration opens August 18, 2020. You can register HERE.
What is the Turkey Trot LA virtual event?
The virtual Turkey Trot LA is a remote run or walk that can be done in any location. Your medal, bib, shirt, and race items will be mailed directly to your home. You can upload your results online and engage with other participants via social media and the integrated event app. You can set your own personal goals, run solo or with friends and family, and get rewarded with a beautiful race package in the mail.
Will there be an in person event this year?
Turkey Trot LA registration is open as a virtual event in 2020 due to COVID-19. If the situation changes and we are able to produce an in-person event in LA, your virtual entry automatically allows you to participate in a live event.
Will there be an in person event next year in 2021?
Yes! We plan to return to the in-person events in Los Angeles in 2021.
How does the Virtual Turkey Trot LA work?
- Register for the Turkey Trot LA and secure your entry
- Choose your distance between a 5k or 10k. Widdle Wobble option is available for kids 10 and under.
- Create a fundraising team to raise money for The Midnight Mission.
- Download the Runkeeper app or choose to upload your results manually with a tracker of your choice. (This is optional, but easy and fun to do!)
- Run your 5k or 10k anywhere between November 23 – 27, 2020.
- Track your results using the Runkeeper app (available after registration) and then upload your results and photos online for our team to review. You can also use a timing app or software of your choice (this includes taking a photo of your treadmill results).
- Participate in bonus challenges with prizes via social media giveaways, and share where you are trotting by tagging @turkeytrotla on Facebook and Instagram.
- Your race package will be delivered to you via mail.
When will I receive my race items.
Your race package will be mailed to you before Thanksgiving day if you register by November 18, 2020. If you register after this date, we will do our best to get ship your package by Thanksgiving but cannot guarantee it.
If I don’t upload my results online will I still receive my race package in the mail?
What dates can I complete the Virtual Turkey Trot LA?
Continuing with the tradition, most people complete their Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, but you may complete your run/walk any time during the week of Thanksgiving.
What comes with the Virtual Runner’s Package?
The general entry includes a unisex race shirt or women’s tank top (you get to choose during registration), a finisher medal, digital bib and assorted sponsor goodies.
When will my race package be mailed?
Participants that register by November 18, 2020 will receive their race items by Thanksgiving Day.
How do I log my results?
You can upload your results by navigating to your registration dashboard HERE.
Can I cancel my registration and get a refund?
A Turkey Trot LA race entry is non-refundable and there are no refunds for canceled entries. We do not authorize refunds at any time.
Can I transfer my registration to another person or category?
Yes, you may transfer your registration to another category or person by November 15, 2020. You can make the transfer by logging into your account here. Please note, there is a small transaction fee for all transfers.
I made a mistake entering my mailing address, t-shirt size or registration information. How do I correct it?
You can update your registration details here.
Do you offer group discounts?
For larger groups, corporate teams, or run club discounts, please email [email protected].
Can children participate?
Yes! This is a family friendly event. We have youth t-shirt sizes just for the little ones in your family.
Who should I contact if I’m interested in being a Turkey Trot LA sponsor or partner?
I still have more questions.
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any further questions.